Monday, May 14, 2012

It's a Wrap!

We have been home for a full week and enjoyed every minute of it! I didn't run around like a mad woman but rested up, cooked meals, cleaned house and even did a little art. Had lunch with a friend. Tied up several loose ends on various projects.

I had a great Mother's Day weekend! Heard the voices of each of my four children.


Spent a lovely Saturday with my Summer Dee!


First stop? Starbucks, of course!!


Second stop was picking up four booster seats for the quads.
Amber arranged to buy these from another mom with quads who lives in the area.
Her 'babies' are now four years old and are the cutest kids!


Summer loves Sprouts so we did a little shopping.
I bought some kale for a soup recipe Amber loves....

Then I had to carry it around in my purse all day long because I couldn't leave it in the heat of a parked car for hours lest it wilt.
Doesn't EVERYONE carry kale in their purse?


Summer spoils me rotten!
 We took in the new Avenger movie which was awesome!



Had a delicious lunch at Fish City Grill......


I am SUCH a salad girl!!


After lunch we decided to go for a double feature and walked BACK to the AMC to catch Johnny Depp in Dark Shadows.
As much as I love JD....I must say I think he should go BACK to playing Captain JACK! Just saying......

It was just wonderful to spend some time with my oldest daughter!


I arrived back at home to find this lovely bouquet had been delivered.
This is from my youngest son who lives out in California.
I miss him a lot....but I am proud of him and know he is enjoying his time out west.


Louis Dean and I ended our Saturday as we so often do....
our feet propped up on our driveway sipping a glass of wine.
This is my all time favorite wine glass which was a gift from Summer last year.

Sunday morning started with a phone call from my son and his family.


My lovely daughter in law and granddaughter.

My super cute grandsons......


They were ushers at church greeting the mothers on Mother's Day.


You can tell these are not MY photos!!
My son is a REAL photographer and gave me permission to use these.
I scarfed them off of Facebook!

So our week here at home is over.
I have to tell you I am anxious to get back down to Amber!


Louis Dean has us packed and loaded.
He is already in bed asleep and has been for hours.
He likes to drive in the wee hours of the morning when there are not so many truckers out on the Interstate. This doesn't bother me in the slightest because I just crawl into the back seat and go to sleep. Lucy will ride shotgun in the front.
This way we will be in Houston early in the morning and I can drop the 'critters' off and head straight to the hospital.

Amber is 27 weeks 3 days.....if we count the 'day' at midnight...which we do!
I may be a TAD bit early but it's close!

When I talked to her today she was feeling really rough.
Over the weekend they increased the mag IV to 2mg because of increased contractions. They have since lowered it to 1.5mg.
These recent contractions are different than all the previous ones.
These are painful. REAL contractions and cramping.
I can't help but think it won't be much longer.
The doctor seems confident she can make it through this next weekend.
Any time beyond that is up for grabs.

Amber has done her best. It's nearly finished.
Prayer is what started all this.....

And prayer has been what has pulled her on to this moment in time.
And prayer is what will see her through to the births.
Thank you - again - for each and every prayer prayed on their behalf.

Now I better get to bed before Louis Dean wakes up!!



10 comments:

Vee said...

We are both praying here.

Safe travels...

You have some mighty cute grandsons!

Amber said...

Really do love that photo of you and Summer at the movies. So funny you carried kale in your purse. The boys are so cute as ushers! Can't wait to see you in the morning...

Kathy said...

What a great week you have had. So nice to talk with all four of your children on Mother's Day. It won't be long for Amber now. My Tuesday Morning Bible Study will be praying for her tomorrow. They are so excited to hear the news each week.

Marsha Young said...

God bless you and Louis Dean and Amber and the babies and their dad as they arrive. Travel safely.

Angie said...

I'm so happy you had a nice and relaxing week at home. I'm certain you needed it. You & LD be careful traveling. Continued prayers for Amber and babies. I'll be awaiting updates :)

Debbie said...

oh linda, what a great week you had, but now it's time to be with amber....your heart is there already!!

best wishes to all of you, lean on each other as this will be difficult for everyone.

i loved all the family photo's and ld packs a mean trunk!!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

So happy you had a lovely week, and a lovely Mother's Day.

Things will really begin to *get interesting,* soon now. Best of luck to all of you.

Regina: "Magic here is unpredictable."

Judy said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day...and a good time at home. Blessings to you all as you return to the 'quad vigil'.

Deb said...

sounds like a great week...have a safe trip back to Houston..

Carla said...

Kale in your purse. Well I guess you gotta do what ya gotta do to save the Kale. LOL
That's a nice picture of you and Summer.